With March being just a few days away, we thought it would be important to share some tips on how to get your yard ready for Spring.
- Clean. The first step in prepping your lawn for Spring is to clean up all debris, leaves, and twigs that have gathered over winter.
- Give your yard a pre-emergent crabgrass control fertilizer application, or allow CCLC to do it for you.
- Fertilizing in early spring gives your yard a nutrient build up that will give it strength to withstand heat and drought throughout the summer months.
- Aeration. Aeration will help root development, relieve soil compaction, stimulate new growth, and increase water, air, and nutrient movement to the root.
- Re-seed any damaged areas from winter weather.